I have known Heather for over 23 years and have had the honor of watching her grow as a professional photographer. There was never a second thought who would be the photographer for our wedding! Heather has a unique style of telling the story of a wedding through her photos that is more like a photo essay than your standard run of the mill, checklist wedding photographer. Her photos speak for themselves in their quality and composition. One of Heather's greatest skills is her ability to blend seamlessly into the spirit of a wedding day. She was subtle, respectful and very comfortable to be around. I have attended too many weddings where the photographer is front and center, obtrusive and when not taking pictures is smoking cigarettes out back. Heather is poised, professional and absolutely a delight to work with.
Heather delivered an amazing set of photos from our wedding weekend that get better and better with time. She captured moments artfully, unobtrusively, with a smile and a laugh. We felt at ease in her presence, and it shows in the photos.
From the moment we contracted Heather she was responsive, working with us to develop a mix of documentary and portrait coverage. She did an excellent job scouting the location, and added creative shots to the mix. Heather worked diligently for the entire weekend, and it shows in the variety of stellar images both of our loved ones and the location.
After the wedding she continued to be responsive. We had our final collection of photos within the timeframe she promised, which was really exciting.
We strongly recommend Heather because she artfully captures the moments that anchor our memories. We feel the value of these photos is increasing with everyday that passes and we won't think twice about hiring her for more special moments for our family. What a treasure!
We had the absolute pleasure of Ms. Heather Noonan taking our engagement photos. She was extremely thoughtful and asked us if we had any special places of our own where we wanted to take pictures. She made the entire experience fun and easy and our pictures are fabulous - she really is a treasure as a photographer.
Heather took the most amazing photo's of our son Dominick when he was 4 months old; She truly captured the precious moments, that as a busy mom, I never would have been able to. In fact, her photo's were so wonderful that she was the only one we trusted to capture that same magic when our daughter Scarlett was born. I can't say enough about her skill, her genuine fondness for children make them come to life for her. Her natural and unique style is a recipe for perfection. We highly recommend her!
When Heather came and photo documented our family and our farm, we were having some really intense times (a bear attack on goats and then subsequent shooting, gutting and skinning of said bear) and she captured so much of what was happening in beautiful light, some of it's gory death and mayhem destruction and also the daily tremendous beauty of children and farm life... we still treasure those pictures and marvel at what they evoke.
I hired Heather Noonan for a location photo shoot. I was impressed with her skills utilizing natural light and her eye for composition. She is an experienced, calm, focused and down-to-earth professional who is pleasure to collaborate with.
Heather took group photos and individual head shots for my comedy troupe, The Sixth Borough. She was extremely kind and patient with us (this was a group of 6 unruly comics) and she took the time to make sure we were well-lit so we would look fabulous in our individual photos. She then compiled an edited disk of the best shots. The photos came out great - she definitely captured the strange and dramatic elements of our comedy. We used the photos for years afterwards. I highly recommend working with Heather.
- Finalist in the London International Creative Competition, work shown and published, Soho Theater, London, UK, 2009
- Honorable Mention in the 2009 International Photography Awards, New York, NY, 2009
- Salt Institute for Documentary Studies Photography Scholarship winner, work shown and published, Portland, ME, 2008
- American Society of Media Photographers Image 07 competition judges choice award, New York, NY, 2007; Work shown at their exhibition at the FCB gallery, New York, NY, 2007
- Fuji Film Documentary Award, Philadelphia, PA, 2007
- Honorable Mention In The Best of College Photography, work published in their annual, 2003
- Emerging Artist Solo Exhibition, Lone Moose Gallery, Bar Harbor, ME, 1998
- Student Court of Honor from the Maine Professional Photographers Association, Augusta, ME, 1997
- Y.M.C.A. Girls Eye View traveling national juried show, 1998
- First and Second Place Awards from the Maine Professional Photographers Association, Augusta, ME, 1996 – 99
- Art For The Heart, work shown at 25 CPW gallery, New York , NY 2011
- Work shown at the LICC Awards, Soho Theater, London, UK, 2009
- Meet Me Anywhere Exhibition, Salt Institute for Documentary Studies, Portland, ME, December 2008
- Slow Graffiti Exhibition, Adaptation Gallery, Philadelphia, PA, April 2008
- American Society of Media Photographers Image 07 competition exhibition at the FCB gallery, New York, NY, 2007
- University of the Arts Senior Thesis Exhibition, The Icebox Gallery at the Crane Arts Building Philadelphia, PA, 2007
- Reel Pizza Cinerama Featured Artist solo Exhibition, Reel Pizza Cinerama Bar Harbor, ME, 2007
- RAW Exhibition. Silicone Gallery, Philadelphia, PA, 2006
- Alexander Award Nomination Exhibition, University of the Arts, Dorrance Hamilton Hall, Philadelphia, PA, 2006
- University of the Arts Junior Photography Exhibition, Dorrance Hamilton Hall, Philadelphia, PA, 2006
- University of the Arts Sophomore Photography Exhibition, Sol Mednick gallery and 1401 gallery, Philadelphia, PA, 2005
- Juried group exhibition, Gallery One, Philadelphia, PA, 2004
- Mount Desert Island High School solo exhibition, Art wing main gallery, Bar Harbor, ME, 2003
- Summer Festival of the Arts Experimental Photography show, Summer Festival of the Arts, Bar Harbor, ME, 2000
- Emerging Artist solo Exhibition, Lone Moose Gallery, 1998
- Maine Professional Photographers Association Exhibition, Augusta, ME, 1996,97,98,99
- Y.M.C.A. Girls Eye View traveling national juried show, 1996